Devon Fuels is committed to ensuring that your privacy is completely protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Devon Fuels may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Credit/Debit Card or payment details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. If you do not want to receive emails from us then you can unsubscribe directly via the link in these emails or by contacting us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. Again, if you do not wish to be be contacted by us please email: email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use coookies to help the website remember your visit to certain pages, but they do not gather any other information about you, your visit or any personal data.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you are happy to hear from us. Your data submitted via forms will not be used for any other purpose other than responding to your query
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Devon Fuels, Shell House, Dawlish Road, Devon EX6 8AA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
GDPR legislation & your rights
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a citizen or resident of an EEA country or Switzerland, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information. These are:
- Right to access information maintained about you;
- Right to ensure your data is accurate and complete;
- Right to erasure, or the right to be forgotten;
- Right to restriction or suppression of personal data;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to withdraw consent if consent was previously provided; and
- Right to raise a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are eligible to invoke one of the rights listed above and wish to do so, you may contact us as part of a subject access request using the details found below. Please note that we may not always be able to fulfill your request as there may be legitimate purposes, such as certain legal or statutory obligations, that require us to retain your information as stored or if we believe the change would cause the information to be incorrect.